Becoming a pilot is your dream, but the cost of flight training can make it feel like that dream is out of reach. But we’re here to tell you: it doesn’t have to be that way.
At Stratus Financial, we understand the unique needs of the aviation community. We know what it feels like to struggle to finance your passion. That’s why we’re here to help.
Joined by an expert team of flight instructors and ground instructors, our team who have flown the same skies you have, will support you through all stages of your training, from the moment you step into a cockpit to your first commercial airline job. They work hand in hand with our partner flight schools and financial advisors to create private student loans that make sense for your needs. This diverse range of loan products is designed to fit your unique financial situation, offering custom rates and terms that make sense to achieve your goals.
Click on the button below to apply for FlyBright's Professional Pilot Program loan options!
Learn to Fly Program Overview:
- Unsecured loan amount ranges $5,000-$30,000
- Interest rates are typically around 9.99%-11.99%
- 72 month term
- Line of credit loan – only make payments and interest based on the amount you use, not the amount you are approved for
- Monthly payments start 30 days after first withdrawal. No deferments available. Expect monthly payments to be roughly 2% of amount withdrawn in total
- No pre-payment penalties
- Withdrawal period is the first two years
- Borrower pays school directly
- Applicant and co-signer must be US citizen/Permanent Resident and must meet CU membership eligibility (generally speaking, applicant must be a FL resident to have an account at our CU)
- Applicants must have over a 640 credit score to be considered
- Either the applicant or the co-applicant must have at least two years of established credit history
- Either the applicant or the co-applicant must have employment income
- Co-applicant must have the same primary address as the applicant
Alion Aviation has dedicated $100,000 in scholarship support to FlyBright Pilot Academy students. Alion Aviation will award $1,000 towards a Sport Pilot or Private Pilot program and up to $10,000 towards a Professional Pilot Program which utilizes the Evektor Harmony.
Contact FlyBright for more information.
AOPA has more than $1 million in scholarships available. The scholarship application process is currently open!
The EAA has flight training scholarships available for application on their website, although membership of the EAA may be required.
Women in Aviation has more than 105 open scholarships to apply for. They are built for a variety of different training programs or aviation professions.